SCRAPBOOK & CARDS TODAY: LITTLE GIRLS GUEST DESIGNER LAYOUT

Hello Everyone! This is Maryám and I'm so excited to be here sharing the project I created for the SCT Magazine Blog as a guest designer this month. For today's layout, I'll be working with one of the new collections from Doodlebug Design, Bundle of Joy!
I absolutely love the colors from the new Bundle of Joy collection. The mix of pinks, greens, corals, and yellows makes me happy and excited to work with it. While I was thinking about what I could do for my layout, I started looking for some inspiration in some projects I have made in the past and found one that had a banner made of half circles which created a pretty scallop border. I really liked how it looked so I decided to do something similar for this layout.
To create my layout, I needed to start by cutting the circles. I looked for different options-like punches or using my electronic die-cutting machine- but after searching through my stash, I remembered that I had the perfect die to do this step. The new Phases of the Moon Die Set from Altenew, as its name suggests, was designed to create all of the different moon phases, but the fun thing is that one of the dies from this set cuts a circle in half. So even though it was not intended for creating a banner of half circles, it totally worked and made my job so much easier.
I cut all the circles from different pattern papers from the 6 x 6 Bundle of Joy Paper Pad, and after I finished, I adhered them to my 8.5 x 11” inches white cardstock with thin double-sided tape. I then added some zig-zag machine stitching just to make sure they stay in place forever.

Since I had already used quite a lot of pattern papers on the banners, I wanted to keep the rest of the page pretty simple and not add many embellishments. I added my photo at the bottom right side of the page and then to embellish the layout, I used some Odds&EnddsTM pieces from the same collection as well as stickers and enamel dots.
Last but not least, for the title, I used the word "little" from the Bundle of Joy Chit ChatTM Set and added "girls" as a subtitle from the It's a Girl DoodlesTM Cardstock Stickers.
That's it for today, dear friends! I hope you enjoyed my layout, inspired you to create something new, and to look for unique ways on how to use your supplies. If you have any questions just leave a comment below, and I’ll be happy to help you.

Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment