DOODLEBUG DESIGN: BIRTHDAY BOY LAYOUT

Hey Friends! A couple of months ago we celebrated my grandpa's 82nd birthday! We had a great day celebrating him and I wanted to document this big milestone in a layout. The collection I used for my project was Party Time because it was perfect for this occasion.
To create my layout, I started out by printing two big numbers- 8 and 2- onto an 8 x 10.5" inches white sheet of cardstock. I then carefully fussy cut them and used the negative pieces (A) as a template to trace the numbers onto another sheet of white cardstock (B) with a pencil.
Next, I grabbed some IconsTM and Mini IconsTM stickers and sprinklesTM from the Party Time collection and started to fill the numbers from cardstock (B). Once I finish I erased the pencil marks and adhered the negative piece (A) I cut earlier over the one with stickers (B).

Continuing with the process, I trimmed the Party Time Patterned Paper to 8.5 x 11" inches and adhered the cardstock (A&B together) with the numbers now completed. 
Following up, I added my photo and positioned it over the bottom part of the layout. Since I had already added a bunch of elements to the numbers, I tried to kept the rest of the page pretty simple. I only added a few Chit ChatTM Pieces from the same collection and the date of the photo.
For the title of the page, I used a banner from the Chit ChatTM set that reads "The Birthday Boy!" and placed over the bottom part of my photo. I then added some more sprinklesTM and a few star stickers and that's it!
Let's take a look at the finished project!
I really enjoyed working with the Party Time collection. I hope you guys enjoyed this post too and liked the ideas I shared. If you have any questions just leave a comment below or send me an email and I'll be happy to help you.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment