ALTENEW: EASY AND COLORFUL LAYOUT FEAT. WILD & FREE STAMP SET


Hey, crafty friends! This is Maryám and I’m so excited to be back on the blog. Today, I’m going to be working with the new beautiful 6 x 8 Wild & Free Stamp Set to create an easy yet colorful 8.5″ x 11″ inches layout. This stamp set includes a bunch of different flowers and leaves in a fresh, clean style, and it is also perfect for a variety of coloring techniques.


As soon as I saw the Wild & Free Stamp Set I knew that I wanted to create a layout and included as many flowers as I could. I thought different ways on how to this until I decided that a wreath would be the best one.

How-To:

To create my layout, I started by stamping some of the flowers onto different shades of Gradient Cardstock. To do this, I used my favorite black detailed ink- the Obsidian Pigment Ink, and an acrylic block. Then, after I finished with the floral pieces, I repeated the same steps for the leaves.

In case you are wondering, here are the cardstock colors I used for the flowers- Volcano Lake, Mountain Mist, Warm Sunshine, Buttercream, Lavender Fields, Soft Lilac, Pinkalicious, and Pink Diamond.


After I finished stamping all the images, it was time to cut them out. I used the Wild & Free Die Set and my Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine to do this.

To glue all the pieces in place, I used foam dots and liquid adhesive. I didn’t use a template or guide to add any of my flowers. I simply placed them on my page trying to create a circular shape and organized them in rainbow order.


Following up, to embellish my layout, I added some enamel dots using the color on color technique- meaning pink flowers with pink enamel dots- as well as some Satin Gold Sequins.


Last but not least, for the title I stamped the sentiments “Wild & Free” from the same stamp set onto white cardstock, then fussy cut the words and adhered it on the top of my photo.

Let’s take a look at the finished page!


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked the project I shared using the gorgeous 6 x 8 Wild & Free Stamp Set. Don’t forget that if you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below. I’ll be really happy to help you.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment