JILLIBEAN SOUP: A CREATIVE WAY TO ADD COLOR TO YOUR LAYOUT

Hello Friends! Maryám here with you today to share a few ideas on how to add some color to your layouts. First of all, I have to say that it was so much fun to play with different color mediums and it wasn’t bad at all. So, if you have been a bit scared of using watercolors, paints, and inks, I will give you some tips and tricks today that I’m sure you will want to try.
I started my page by cutting a cut file and backed it with some papers that coordinated with the photo I have previously chosen. Next, I created this background. 
When doing these kinds of backgrounds, I recommend you that before applying any color medium, you add a coat of white gesso first because it will protect your paper from ripping. After the gesso is dry you can start adding the fun stuff! In my case, I decided to start with some watercolors, and then I added some acrylic paints in a very light blue and pink. I also did some stamping, and, in the end, I did some splattering with pink ink. It’s important that you do this at the end of the process because if you do this at the beginning it is most likely to get cover by the watercolors and the paints, and that’s not the idea. 

After my background was completely dried, I realized that I didn’t want to use it as a background but actually wanted to use it in a more creative way and make embellishments from it. 

The first one I did, were these circles (cut out from the color background) with a stitched heart in the center. I created three of them and placed them over some of the circles of the cut file I backed before. 
Next, I cut out some hearts using a die and my Sizzix machine and put them in my page in rainbow order, from yellow to blue. 
Last, but not least, I thought that the layout needed some more words, so after looking through some of my Jillibean Soup Dies, I found one that says “hello” which ended up being perfect for my page. 
I hope you liked these ideas and I also hope you can give them a try. If you any questions, please leave them in the comments below. Thank you so much for stopping by today. 

Have a great day! 

Jillibean Soup Supplies: Patterned Paper: Spoonful of Soul/ Gentle Soul, Trust the Journey; Rainbow Roux/Pinch of Color. | Bite Sized Bits: Rainbow Roux. | Paper Pad: All about dots, All about plaid. | Coordinating Stickers: You Make Miso Happy, Spoonful of Soul. | Washi Sheets: Rainbow Roux. | Tag: Oh Snap. | Shaker Filler: Wood Veneers, Green Sequins. | Shaker Stamp/Die Sets: Watts Up. | Silhouette Cut File: Simple Circles Placemat #73434 | Other: Acrylic Paints, Watercolors, Altenew Crisp Dye Inks, White Gesso, Foam Dots, White Cardstock, Vellum, Sizzix Machine, Typewriter.

No comments:

Post a Comment