ALTENEW: 1 STAMP SET, 3 FUN AND DIFFERENT PAPER CRAFTING PROJECTS!


Hello, friends! This is Maryám and today I’m going to be focusing on and sharing some ideas on how to use the Courageous You Stamp Set. This 6 x 8 stamp set features two large blooms set in a beautiful arrangement with a cluster of leaves, plus 12 inspiring sentiments. In addition, there is also a coordinating die available which works perfectly with the stamp set.

First Project “ Happy” – Scrapbook Layout

How-To:

To create my layout, I started by heat embossing the beautiful big floral image from the Courageous You Stamp Set. To do this, I used the Embossing Ink to stamp the image and then sprinkled Antique Gold Embossing Powder. Finally, with the help of my heat gun, I melted the powder.

Next, to color the image, I decided to try out something a little bit different than usual and use the new Mixed Media Inks! In case you haven’t heard about Altenew’s new inks, they can be used on lots of porous surfaces, such as paper, fabric, wood, and more.

The fun thing is that since these inks are water-based, you can use them for coloring, too!


Coloring the flowers and leaves was definitely the best part of the process. I started by adding a layer of the lightest color first: Frosty Pink for one flower and Coral Berry for the other and then continued with the darker colors: Ruby Red and Grapevine. Following up, I painted the leaves, and I used all the three greens from the color family: Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, and Evergreen.

Continuing with the process, I added all the elements from my layout in place, including the floral image as well as the photo and title of the page for which I used foam adhesive.


Lastly, for the title, I used the word “Happy” from the Celebrate Ephemera Pack and also added some enamel dots (Tropical Forest, Warm and Cozy) and sequins (Antique Gold, Satin White).


If you want to see a more in-depth explanation, you can check out the video tutorial here to learn how this page came together or watch it in HD on my YouTube channel.


Second Project “You are Great” – Card


For my second example of today, I wanted to try something a bit easier, so I created an A2-sized top-folding card. I started by stamping the floral image onto white cardstock using my favorite black ink- the Obsidian Pigment Ink. I then, heat embossed the image and sprinkled Crystal Clear Embossing Powder over the top of it.

To continue, I stamped “You are great” onto black cardstock and heat embossed with Pure White Embossing Powder, cut the phrase into a circle shape with a die, and used it as my sentiment. Last but not least, I added some sequins and enamel dots to add some sparkle to my card.


Third Project “Create your own Sunshine” – Card


My third and last example of the day is also an A2-sized card, but this time a bit more colorful. Instead of doing a black and white card, I decided to heat emboss the floral image with my Pure White Embossing Powder onto watercolor paper. And then I used my Tropical Fiesta Watercolor Brush Markers to quickly color the image. However, I didn’t do a very detailed coloring this time. Instead, I decided to have fun and experiment with different colors from the Watercolor Markers set + some water.

For the sentiment, I used “Somedays you just have to create your own sunshine” which is a part of the Courageous You Stamp Set of course, and finished it by adding sequins and enamel dots.


I hope you liked these ideas and I inspired you to create something new! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll be really happy to answer them.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment: