DOODLEBUG DESIGN: BIRTHDAY LAYOUT USING DOODLE-CUTS

Hey, Crafty Friends! Have you seen the new Doodle-CutsTM from Doodlebug Design? I was so excited when I received the new collection of wafer-thin stand-alone dies in the mail- so many shapes and designs that I had no idea which I was going to use first.
If you've seen some of my previous work, you know how much I love to include floral and leafy elements in my pages, and this layout is no an exception to that. The new Nesting Scallops Doodle-CutsTM, besides the beautiful scallop dies, comes with a flower and leaf too which was perfect for the idea I had in mind. 
To create my layout I started out by die cutting flowers in different pattern papers from the Hey Cupcake and Party Time 6 x 6 Paper Pad. Next, I took a sheet of Sugar Coated Cardstock (also known as glitter cardstock) in Pistachio color and cut some leaves. I then cover the center of the flowers with a circular piece of vellum and added a sprinkle from the Birthday Girl Assortment in the center of each one of the flowers.

To glue the pieces in place, I used foam dots, and for some others, like the vellum leaves, I used liquid adhesive.
For the title, I gold heat embossed the word "happy" from the Happy Birthday Stamp Set, and then using black pigment ink, I stamped "birthday" from the same set.
Lastly, I added some more sprinklesTM and also JewelsTM from the limeade and cupcake assortment. In addition, I gold heat embossed some little flowers from the Birthday Girl Stamp Set from the Hey Cupcake Collection and put a cut doodle-popsTM girl on the right side of my photo.
Let's take a look at the finished layout!
I  really enjoyed working with metal dies so creating this layout was super fun. I hope you guys enjoyed this post too and liked the ideas I shared. Also, don’t forget that if you have any questions just leave a comment below or send me an email. 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable and so colorful. I love Doodlebug. They have the best papers and embellishments. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete