JILLIBEAN SOUP: TIPS ON ADDING HAND-STITCHING ON A LAYOUT

Happy Sunday Friends! This is Maryám and today I’m going to be sharing one of my all-time favorite techniques, which is add hand-stitching on a layout.

Once I was looking through the Pea Pod Parts from the You Make Miso Happy Collection I found one that would work perfect for a title and for adding some hand stitching, so I immediately adhered the die cut to a piece of white cardstock, punched some holes around it, and added some hand stitching. Then, I fussy cut around it and this is how it turned out. 
After that, I started to position all of the elements on my page and I realized that I wanted to add more hand stitching. I put a butterfly and a cute little dragonfly and stitched their “path” from the flowers to where I wanted them to be. I think adding details like this to your pages make them look a lot more fun. 
I also did another of my favorite techniques on this layout, fussy cutting. I cut a bunch of flowers from a patterned paper and you will see that I put them in several places of my layout. 

Here is a full photo of my layout. 
I hope you guys liked this project and hope you give this technique a try. I know sometimes people find it boring or even a little bit stressing, but I promise that once you start then you will not want to stop. Have a great day! 


Jillibean Soup Supplies: Patterned Paper: You Make Miso Happy/Wakama, Miso Paste. | Pea Pod Parts: You Make Miso Happy. | Epoxy Stickers: You Make Miso Happy. | Coordinating Stickers: You Make Miso Happy. | Other: Ranger inks, Tombow Mono Liquid Glue, Foam Dots, Embroidery Thread, Needle, Cardstock.

4 comments:

  1. Your page looks awesome....I love the hand stitching you have done...great idea...I'd love to learn how to do that. Do you have tutorials on hand stitching? The butterfly trail is soooooo darn cute btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And no, unfortunately I don't have stitching tutorials yet, but I definitely will be adding some soon :)

      Delete
  2. What a treat - your books are going to be treasures for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete