PAIGE TAYLOR EVANS + SILHOUETTE DEC. GUEST DESIGNER

Hello Friends! Today I'm so happy to be sharing with you the projects that I created for my guest designer spot over at the Paige Taylor Evans blog. I had the chance to be the guest designer for the month of December and work with her wonderful cut files.

Since I saw Paige stitching the Sketch & Stitch® Hearts cut file back in January at Creativation, I knew I wanted to give a try as well. And that’s why for my first layout, I’m using that cut file. 
To create my layout, I slightly modified the cut file and deleted the two center rounds of hearts because I wanted to put my photos in there. Next up, I gathered lots of different colors of embroidery thread that coordinated with the colors from the Whimsical collection and then I took a needle and spent some days hand stitching all the 70 hearts. Once I finished, I wanted the hearts to be the main of the layout and because these kinds of projects take a while to create, I only added a few embellishments from the Whimsical collection here and there. 
For my next layout, I used another one of my favorite cut files, Butterfly Background. I started by backing the cut file with different pattern papers from the Whimsical collection and once I finished, with the help of some foam dots I adhered it to the page. For the background of my layout, I decided to go out of my comfort zone and used paper 08 from the Turn the Page collection that has some pink polka dots onto a reddish background. 
To embellish my layout, I used bits and pieces from the Whimsical collection as well, some iridescent sequins. I also added the title and included the journaling in which I tell a little bit about the day I met Paige :) 
For my last layout, I used the Layered Flower 2 cut file and created five 3D flowers from different pattern papers from the Whimsical and Turn the Page collections. I also choose some embellishments from the die-cut pack and sticker book from the Whimsical collection that helped me to tell the story from my journaling a little bit better. 
And that is it! Thank you so much for stopping by today! It was an honor for me to be here as a guest designer and I have to say that I had so much fun creating these projects. I hope you enjoyed these ideas and felt inspired to create something new using the awesome cut files from Paige! 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Your fabulous layout was featured on today's Gallery Standouts Blog!
    http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/2020/finger-pointing-february-4th-2/

    ReplyDelete