ALTENEW: QUICK FLORAL LAYOUT FEAT. FLORAL WATERCOLORS CREATIVITY KIT + VIDEO!

Hey, crafty friends! This is Maryám and I’m so excited to be back on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog. Today I’m going to be working with the Floral Watercolors Creativity Kit to create a floral layout and a quick but fun card. In case you are curious about the contents of the kit, you can check out the video.
First Project – “Happy Birthday” Layout
For my first project, I wanted to do some coloring so I stamped the floral image with the Altenew Embossing Ink from the Floral Sprig Stamp Set several times onto watercolor paper. Next, I added some Pure White Embossing Powder and melted it using my heat tool.

Continuing with my process, I took the Watercolor 36 Pan Set and colored all the images. This process took me quite some time, but I really enjoy coloring so it was fun and relaxing.
The way I colored the images was by adding different layers of color. I started adding the lightest colors first and then gradually going towards the darker ones. These darker colors are great for adding depth and dimension to the images.

In case you were wondering, here are the colors I used from the lighter to the darker one:
  • For the little flowers – Pink Diamond, Puffy Heart, and Purple Wine.
  • The leaves – Bamboo, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, and Evergreen.
  • And the stem – Paper Bag and Espresso.
Finally, I adhered to the page all the elements and embellished my layout using some Envelope Stickers, enamel dots, and sequins.

Second Project – “Thank you” Card
For my second project, I made an A2 size top folding card and used the Watercolor 36 Pan Set to create a fun background mixing some warm colors.
Once the background was dry, I stamped the same floral image from my first project once again and heat embossed it as well. Unlike the first one, this time I colored the image trying to follow the same colors from the background but a bit darker so it would stand up more.
Last, but definitely not least, I wanted to share with you a video tutorial that I have created in which I share in more depth and detail both of the coloring techniques I showed today. You can check it out here or watch it in HD on my YouTube channel.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked and enjoyed the projects that I shared using the awesome Floral Watercolors Creativity Kit! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below and I’ll be really happy to answer them.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment