Altenew: Create 3 Beautiful Floral Projects with Beauty Within Stamp Set

Hello, friends! This is Maryám and today I’m going to be sharing some ideas on how to use the Beauty Within Stamp Set. This 6 x 8 stamp set features three gorgeous anemones along with a couple of large branches of leaves perfect for coloring, plus nine inspiring sentiments. In addition, there is also a coordinating die available and an awesome Coloring Stencil Set!

First Project “Family” – Scrapbook Layout


How-To:
To create my layout, I started by stamping a bunch of flowers and leaves from the Beauty Within Stamp Set onto a sheet of white cardstock. For this, I used an acrylic block and the Obsidian Pigment Ink.

Next, it was time to color the images I had just stamped. One of my favorite things about this particular stamp set is that it has a matching coloring stencil set available which provides a base for adding color to the images. To use these stencils you just need some of your favorite inks + and an ink blending tool.

For my flowers, I decided to use the new Mixed Media Inks in the following colors from light to dark- Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, and Grapevine. For the leaves, I repeated the same process as before but used Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades. Quick Tip- if you are unsure and don’t know how to use these stencils you can follow this layering guide here.

After I finished with the coloring part I grabbed the coordinating die set and my Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine and cut all the pieces. Continuing with the process, I grabbed my Square Weave Pattern Stencil, inked it up using Frayed Leaf Mixed Media Ink, and created a background to imitate pattern paper.

Following up, I positioned my flowers and leaves towards the bottom part of the page creating a gorgeous cluster. After I adhered all the elements of the cluster in place, I added my photo, title, and journaling to complete the page.

And lastly, in case you are wondering, for the title I decided to go with the word “Family” and use one of my all-time favorite alpha set-Simple Alpha Die Set-to spell out the word.


Second Project “You Are Incredible” – Card

For my second project of the day, I wanted to try something different, so I created an A2-sized top-folding card. I started by stamping one of the anemones + some leaves onto white cardstock again using my favorite black ink- the Obsidian Pigment Ink.

Now, to color the images, I decided to use the Coloring Stencil Set once again, but this time the inks that I used were from the Summer Afternoon Set (Warm Sunshine, Buttercream, Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag). And for the leaves, I used Bamboo, Parrot, and Olive all from the Tropical Forest Set. Last, but not least, for the sentiment of my card I used “You are incredible” from the same stamp set.


Third Project “You Make Me Smile” – Card

My last example is also an A2-sized top-folding card. Now this time, I decided to go a little bit messy and use some watercolors. To begin, I heat embossed some leaf images onto watercolor paper with Antique Gold Embossing Powder. Next, I took some of the watercolor brush markers from the Tropical Fiesta Set and did a quick coloring with different colors on the leaves.

Next, I took my spray bottle and sprayed some water in the area I painted before to blend the colors in a better way and also cover all the white spaces in between. In the end, I stamped the sentiment of the card in black onto a white sheet of cardstock, added some metallic thread for extra texture, and also enamel dots and sequins to finish up my design.


I hope you liked these ideas and I inspired you to create something new! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll be really happy to answer them.

Have an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment