ALTENEW: QUICK & EASY WATERCOLOR FLORAL LAYOUT

Hello Friends and Welcome to my blog! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this crazy time. This is Maryám and today I’m bringing you some scrapbook inspiration featuring the gorgeous 6 x 8 Sweet Nothings Stamp Set.
Do you like coloring? I personally love and enjoy coloring. Although I have so much fun while doing that, I know that it is a very time-consuming activity and not everyone has enough time to color. That’s why for today’s project I’m going to be sharing a quick and easy way to color flowers and leaves.

How-to:

To create my layout, I started by heat embossing several flowers and leaves from the Sweet Nothings Stamp Set on to watercolor paper with my Antique Gold Embossing Powder. Next, I took my Watercolor Brush Markers from the Tropical Fiesta Set and scribbled some color into the images. Following this, I sprayed the image with some water and let the colors react for a bit.

To color the flowers I used the following colors: Purple Wine, Crismon, and Fresh Lemon. And for the leaves, Sweet Leaf, Lime and a little bit of Fresh Lemon again.
I let the pieces air dry for some time but if you want, you can always use your heat gun to speed up the process. My favorite thing about this particular coloring technique is the fact that each image will always look unlike the other. This happens because the sprayed water reacts differently every time resulting in unique watercolor pieces.

After I was done coloring all the images, I used the Sweet Nothings Coordinating Dies to cut all the pieces. Then, I set them aside for a while and made more pieces to accompany them. I created some gold glitter leaves using the Altenew Glitter Tape and heat embossed some more from the Wild Flora Stamp Set onto vellum with Antique Gold Embossing Powder. Once I finished, I gather all the elements once again and adhered them to my page. For some, I used foam dots and for others double-sided tape.
For the title of my page, I used the word “love” from the Sweet Hearts Adhesive Wood Veeners. I also heat embossed “always & forever” from the Sentiments Strips Stamp Set on a black piece of cardstock with Pure White Embossing Powder, cut it into a strip and added it below the word “love”.
Lastly, to embellish my layout, I added some Satin White and Antique Gold Sequins and some enamel dots from the New Day Card Kit.
Let’s take a look at the finished layout.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked the project I shared using the gorgeous Sweet Nothings Stamp Set. Also, don’t forget that if you have any questions you can leave them in the comment section below.

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment