ALTENEW STAMP FOCUS: FESTIVE FOLIAGE

Hello Friends! This is Maryám and I am so excited to be here with you sharing my first post as part of the Altenew Scrapbook Design Team. In today’s post, I’m going to show three ideas- a Christmas themed one, one colorful idea and one not so colorful featuring the brand new Festive Foliage Stamp Set, which most of you are going to be surprised how versatile it is.

Project 1 | You are so special – Layout
For my first project, I created a layout using the hearts from the stamp set. I stamped them in different colors that matched my photo and hand-stiched around them using coordinating embroidery thread. I positioned all the hearts in a way that they looked like flowers and added some embellishments to the page.

Here are the inks I used for the hearts:
You can check out the video tutorial here to learn how this page came together.



Project 2 | Hello you amazing creature -Traveler’s Notebook
For my second project, I decided to create a traveler’s notebook spread and use the heat embossing resist technique to stamp some of the leafy hearts and did some ink blending to color them.

On the left side of the spread, I use the Geometric Landscape Stamp Set to create a seamless background using some grey inks. On the other side, I put the photo, the title, and the journaling. You can check out the next close-up shot to see more details of the image and story I chose to tell.

Project 3 | Hearts – Card
For my last example, I created a really fun Christmas card. I was really inspired by one of the sentiments from the stamp set that says “The holidays are a time to open our” and that you are supposed to complete using the word “hearts” from the set as well, so what I did was to create an interactive card.

The fun part of this interactive card is that the pink heart has only adhered on the top part. This means that if you open the card you will be able to complete the sentiment. If you check out the images below you will how it looks like.

I hope you liked these ideas and inspire you to create something new! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll be really happy to answer them. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment