BELLA BLVD: AUGUST MOOD BOARD INSPIRED LAYOUT


Hey there friends! This is Maryám and I'm so excited to be back here today with a new project inspired by the Bella BLVD August 2020 Mood Board. First of all, let's start by taking a look at this month's mood board.

For today's layout I decided to combine three collections- Splash Zone, Squeeze the Day, and Wish Big (Girl). Since all of Bella products share the same base colors, it is actually really easy to mix and match bits and pieces from different collections.


To create my layout, I was inspired by different elements from the mood board- like the colors, the pineapples, the icecream, etc. I started by cutting the 322856 Pineapple Cut File from Bella BLVD out of different patterned papers using my Silhouette Cameo. As I always do when I'm working with a cut file, I began by ungrouping all the elements and position them in different parts of the mat, so I then can cut each one of the pieces from a different paper.

Once I had all the pieces cut, I assembled the pineapple and then add some hand-stitching around the image using embroidery thread from the same color.


Continuing with my process, I cut some flowers (288531 Pink Flower) and butterflies (327623 Butterflies Fluttering Away) just to add some more interest to the page. Next, to embellish the layout I added some ephemera pieces from the Splash Zone Collection and also one little popsicle from the Wish Big (Girl) collection.


I then positioned my photo on the right side of the page along with the title and my journaling. For the title, I decided to use one of the Bella's Acrylic Words in light blue that says "splish splash" which coordinated perfectly with my photo and also the story I was trying to tell in this page.


Last but not least, I felt like the page needed a little bit more color, so I decided to add some washi tape, Rainbow and Swiggle, from the Splash Zone and Home Sweet Home Collection respectively, on the left and bottom border of the page. 

Now, let's take a look at the finished layout!


That's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this post and inspired you to create something new. If you have any questions just leave a comment below, and I’ll be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment