ALTENEW: FLORAL LAYOUT + HOW TO VIDEO!

Hello, crafty friends! I hope you are having a fantastic day. This is Maryám and today I am going to be sharing with you how to create a CAS floral layout featuring the new Mod Vases Die Set and the Build-A-Flower Triumph Tulip Set.
How-to:
When I am creating a layout what I do first is to focus on gathering all the elements and embellishments (or making some of them if needed) that I will use for my project and in this case, I started by building the flowers and leaves.

Here are the ink colors I used:
  • Yellow tulip- Butternut, Pumpkin Pie, Yellow Ochre, Sicilian Amber.
  • Purple tulip- Pale Mauve, Amethyst, Grape Agate, Plum.
  • For the leaves- Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Evergreen.
Once I finished stamping all the layers, I created a quick mask from a post-it note and pulled out the Beloved Daisy Stamp Set to incorporate a stem to my tulip. I also stamped some leaves and floral sprigs and cut them out using coordinating dies.
Following this, I cut three vases from the Mod Vases Die Set out of white cardstock.

Since I wanted them to have a more realistic look, I took some inks and did some ink blending with the help of my blending tool. The ink colors I used are Sicilian Amber and Dark Chocolate.
To add more texture, I grabbed Sketched Lines Stencil and applied some Embossing Paste with the help of a palette knife. It is really hard to photograph the texture that the paste adds to a page, but in real life, it looks amazing!
Last but not least, I added some sequins and enamel dots and my layout was done!

Let’s take a look at the finished floral layout!
You can check out the video tutorial here to learn how this page came together or watch it in HD on myYouTube channel.


That is it for today! I hope these ideas featuring the Build-A-Flower Triumph Tulip and Mod Vases Die Set inspire you to create something new! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll be really happy to answer them.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment